Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1963 wagon that was original an autumn gold exterior with a fawn interior. Is the dash doors and b pillar and all the interior pieces suppose to be painted the autumn gold or is it suppose to be painted a fawn color? also I ordered a my fawn door panels at classic industries and the kick panels they sent me look tan and the door panels are a much darker color. Why is this? They both say fawn.

·
Registered
987 Posts
When I first started my convertible I wasnt very interested in factory correct stuff. As I got further into it became important to me to have things painted the way they they were supposed to be. I am not a total purist though having an L79 engine with a 700R4 in my 63.

So even though I had my painter do the dash, I ended up redoing it after some research. I found this info on the back of an original Ditzler paint chip. There are two different interior paint colors in the interior. It breaks out where they go. For instance the tops of the doors are different than the actual dash. The point is its normal for some things to be slightly different color in the interior.

Hope this helps a little bit at least. Probably have Dark Fawn and Medium Fawn in yours since there isn't an Autumn Gold listed as an interior color option.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts