Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
72, 2 Dr, 383, 700r4
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas out there on the color of the dash/glove box/rear deck filler. What looks good, they match the exterior color or they match the interior color?

It's a '72 that will have all black for the interior soft goods. Any pics would be great.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm in the design phase of a 1973 rebuild and I will go for exterior color at the front and top part of the dash

edit: color will be Hosue of Kolor Brandywine

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a ‘71 that’s ready for paint and I’m contemplating the same thing. I’m painting the car midnight blue with silver SS stripes. I’m torn in painting the dash midnight blue or black to match my soft goods. My engine compartment is gloss black so I may go for a semi gloss black interior instead of the blue.

I don’t think you can go wrong with painting the interior black.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Dare to be different

I just finished doing a job, we did the interior color the same as the exterior, but we cleared the exterior and did a satin clear on the interior. The contrast is really cool ....IMO.

·
Premium Member
72, 2 Dr, 383, 700r4
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just finished doing a job, we did the interior color the same as the exterior, but we cleared the exterior and did a satin clear on the interior. The contrast is really cool ....IMO.
Actually satin looks good on interiors. If I did black it would have been satin, but a satin of the same color as the exterior sounds cool. Did you do the steering column?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts