Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
I love that exterior color more and more each time I see it. :) I think I'm starting the long, slow, painful transition from "I Love Red" to "I Love xxxx" where xxxx is any non-red color not widely used that appeals to me.

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NovatoriusRex said:
I love that exterior color more and more each time I see it. :) I think I'm starting the long, slow, painful transition from "I Love Red" to "I Love xxxx" where xxxx is any non-red color not widely used that appeals to me.
Sometimes I wish the previous owner had painted mine back to the original Cameo Beige. I like it....mainly b/c nobody has it and it keeps the "sleeper" look. To me it screams Vintage.....but that's just me...:D

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
FunkyNova66 said:
This was the original color of my 66 sedan.

Cameo Beige exterior with a med. fawn interior. I have never seen another Nova with the same factory color combo.

Probably a good reason for that....

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Count me in!! I like the color combo also. I always like the "different" things about cars, that's why I decided on the Aztec Bronze for mine!! At the shows, everyone says it looks great. Mostly the female gender have the comments!!! The one thing that sucks is the carpet color??? Whoever decided that color goes with the seats & dash was on drugs!!! Your choice Funky, was perfect!! Sandlewood, correct??

Bogie.. who likes it, but yes, it's spendy & has been for sale for quite a while!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Beige

The original colour of my acadian was desert beige. I really find the colour "different", or "refreshing". I love it, the wife doesn't, what's a guy to do????:)

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
FunkyNova66 said:
This was the original color of my 66 sedan.

Cameo Beige exterior with a med. fawn interior. I have never seen another Nova with the same factory color combo.

looks cool and i like it. have never seen this before. thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have always been a "re-sale red" or "arrest me red" kind of guy, and I REALLY like the red on red combo. But, I must admit, I really like this combo a lot.

You guys have already said it, "classic, sleeper, all of the above."

·
Registered
327 Posts
I just shot the roof of my 65 wagon in cameo beige. I think it will look nice with the rest of the car black. The paint can had the correct code on it but was called bahama sand. I freaked out a little. It seems that Cadillac used this color in 63 and 64, then Chevrolet changed the name in 1965. I love the color, it's similar to the color of my office walls.

Chopper

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
Phil Nelson said:
You guys have already said it, "classic, sleeper, all of the above."
Nobody has said "Grandma" yet!:D

It is a nice color combination, but I am one who likes colors that slap you in the face and say "LOOK AT ME!!!!!"

Randy (if it doesn't assault your vision, it ain't a color!!):D

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
72GreenRally said:
Randy (if it doesn't assault your vision, it ain't a color!!):D
So,if someone says that Randy's portraits are "colorful", we'll all know what they mean. Randy of the Assaulting visage. I love it!

-Wrecks :D (Thanks Danno)

I mentioned this thread to my wife last night and she doesn't care for my proposed color choices. She thinks in such primary color terms. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
NovatoriusWrecks said:
So,if someone says that Randy's portraits are "colorful", we'll all know what they mean. Randy of the Assaulting visage. I love it!

-Wrecks :D (Thanks Danno)

I mentioned this thread to my wife last night and she doesn't care for my proposed color choices. She thinks in such primary color terms. :rolleyes:
Hey!!!!! I'd expect that from that Jeff character, but not good ol' Brent!!:rolleyes: :D

I'm sure he will have a response once his wife explains what you said!!:D :D

It is very interesting how much people's color taste varies. My girlfriend and I have discussed colors before. To her, starting with a gallon of white paint, then put a few drops of color in it is perfect. To me, start with a gallon of somethng like red, get white OUT OF HERE, and drop a paint brush in it is perfect!!:D :D

Primary colors are good!!;)

Randy (likes the world in Technicolor!!!):D

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ChopperDr said:
I just shot the roof of my 65 wagon in cameo beige. I think it will look nice with the rest of the car black. The paint can had the correct code on it but was called bahama sand. I freaked out a little. It seems that Cadillac used this color in 63 and 64, then Chevrolet changed the name in 1965. I love the color, it's similar to the color of my office walls.

What color interior?:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts