Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My first intention was to rebuild a 1111015 points distributor (early '60s) but have been seeing the
1111150 points distributors on ebay that are in a lot better shape than the 1111015 I have. Are these
interchangeable? Does the 1111150 use the same type cap as the 1111015?

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Can you tell me if the 1111075 is also? I've found this distributor that is very clean
and tagged March 1965. I guess you know that I'm looking to keep my engine looking nostalgic.
Would you know where I can buy a book, etc. for GM distributors? I'm interested in knowing why the
different part numbers during the '60s & '70s,

·
Registered
137 Posts
1111075 also takes the same cap and rotor.

I don't know of a database. There may be one out there, but I've never looked. I'm a performance guy, I recurve everything anyway so never had any need for specific stock calibration info.

Most of the time, differences in part numbers like that are just differences in calibration...which springs and weights on the advance mechanism, total mechanical advance amount, vacuum advance amounts as needed to match different engine sizes and HP levels.

Same as all the different part numbers for seemingly the same Rochester Quadra-Jet carbs....and there seems like a million different numbers for those.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gotcha! I understand what you are saying. I never thought about the distributor setups being related
to the engine they would be installed on. Such is the ways of a factory that is building cars. I appreciate
your insight Eric.

One of the guys just sent me a link to a website that has a list of part numbers and what all they were
built for. Looks like a lot of info here. Maybe it'll be of some help to everybody with the same curiosity
as I have. Not technical but a good reference of the part numbers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts