Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,032 Posts
If the heads have center bolt valve covers the answer is no, the bolt pattern is on a different angle. If it has the old perimeter style bolt pattern then it should fit. The performance aspect isn't that great, may not be as good or any better then the 283 manifold.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
heads

Phillip,
I am putting on a pair of 202 heads on the 283,will it still be a problem putting the 305 intake on the 283?

·
Registered
735 Posts
You cannot put a pair of 2.02 intake valve heads on a 283 because of the 283's small bore size, the valves will hit the cylinder walls/deck

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
You cannot put a pair of 2.02 intake valve heads on a 283 because of the 283's small bore size, the valves will hit the cylinder walls/deck
Actually with a mild street cam the 2.02 heads work just fine (usually, check to make sure with light weight checking springs on one cylinder and a dial indicater. That will tell you how much lift you can run). With a small bore chamfer, they work freat with a big cam. I'd be more worried about your compression drop. If you have the 64cc heads your compression will drop below 8:1 unless you're running dome pistons. Yes the intake will bolt on and they're not bad intakes. They seem to be equal to an Edelbrock Performer.

·
Super Moderator
12,032 Posts
I was referring to the heads the 305 intake was originally bolted to. Can you post a photo of the manifold. The 305 manifold I gave away last year was nothing close to flowing as well as a performer manifold. Very flat from the carb base to the end of the runners and large EGR port. There are also no holes to bolt down a coil bracket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts