Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've got a 360 small block, I didn't build it but was told it was basically a stock bottom end with stock vortec heads with a comp cam extreme 268 cam, full tube headers, 2 1/2 exhaust. Currently has a edel-junk carb, but I've got a 670 street avenger carb to put on this winter. What intake would you guys recommend? I've heard the super victor or rpm air gaps are the 2 I should choose from. I'm not sure of the pros/cons for these. Most of the driving will be cruising, with the ocassional spirited corner driving. Thanks for any input you can give.

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
^^^^^What he said.:yes::yes::yes:

No need for a Super Victor Jr. at all on that combo.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Air gap is a dual plane, good for street driving and low end torque, Victor is a single plane for high rpm HP, not a great choice if it is a street driven car imho

·
Registered
682 Posts
Performer RPM, RPM air-gap, or something like an old Holley 300-36 (which would be similar to the Performer RPM).

·
Registered
366 Posts
I would also look into the professional products crosswind, same as rpm airgap but a little easier on the wallet

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I would also look into the professional products crosswind, same as rpm airgap but a little easier on the wallet
I've seen different castings on the Crosswind. One was nice, the others looked like crap. If you don't care it's ok for the price. I'm in the same boat, but i will try to get a deal on the Edelbrock.

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
That's why I run the Performer RPM(regular one - $60 cheaper) and add the 1" wooden spacer myself, it get's you to the same place.:yes:

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Performer RPM, RPM air-gap, or something like an old Holley 300-36 (which would be similar to the Performer RPM).
I remember using the old Holley 300-36 intakes. Would love to see the difference between it and the Performer RPM intake. I believe the 300-36 is good to 7200 rpms.:yes:

·
Registered
682 Posts
I remember using the old Holley 300-36 intakes. Would love to see the difference between it and the Performer RPM intake. I believe the 300-36 is good to 7200 rpms.:yes:
I've still got a 300-36 on mine, granted it's a bit overkill for my current setup but being a dual plane it still works well at lower rpms as well.

I too would be interested in seeing a dyno comparasion of a Performer RPM vs a 300-36 on a typical street combo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts