Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I used the Ultra Copper. After searching threads on how to install a gasket, it seems like I shouldnt have put gasket maker all around the head surface, just on the gasket area covered. Should I start over or does this look ok? Also, I let the gasket and ultra copper sit for a couple of days, its actually been sitting for about a week uncovered in the garage. should I just start fresh and follow the instructions in the threads, or will this be ok? Do you guys use teflon tape on your oil pressure gauge adapter?

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IMHO I would not use all the material on the heads but I would definately use it on the valley ends with the rubber gasket on top of the material. NO tape on fittings. If any gets into the oil system, well do I need to say more?

Larry at Papas Nova
When you use the rubber gaskets on the ends, do you let the gasket maker and gaskets dry first? Most posts said they just run a 1/4" x 3/8" bead of gasket maker. I tried using the rubber gaskets and they kept sliding into or out of the seam

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.