Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 350 LT-1 that a local engine builder put together for 69 camaro that he raced back in the late 80s'. After being stored for the last 18 years I decided to get the motor running again. The motor was store great and looks brand new but when I purchased it years ago he didn't sell me the intake with it, he said it was a rare intake and he wanted to keep it. Now I want to get the best intake for use on the street with the stock 1970 hood.

The best I can remember is that the motor was Dyno tested at about 450hp. It has 12-1 compression, 202 heads, 650 holly, and a hydraulic cam (I can't remember the specs).

Do you guys have a suggestion for a intake manifold that would work best.

Thanks
Jeff

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
air gap i heard works real well..i run a victor jr and it clears the hood perfectly

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
That 12:1 compression with the Chevy heads isn't going to like the street very well...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mike Goble said:
That 12:1 compression with the Chevy heads isn't going to like the street very well...
Yea I know, but that is the way it was when I bought it and because funds are tight that is the way it will have to stay for a while.

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
just run 108-110 oct fuel and you will be ok!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts