Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I'm totally at a loss and need the right answer before I put hand to key.

I have a Chevrolet Performance Vortex Low Rise Dual Plane Intake Manifold (GM Part # 12496820) installed on my 350ci street cruiser.

While installing a Holley Dual feed hard fuel line to the Street Avenger, I found the small heater hose is right in the path of the new hard line.

This particular Intake has a second 12" NPT hole, currently with a plug installed, on the drivers side adjacent to the thermostat housing and it "appears" like it's just another coolant port. Any chance I can simply move the heater hose over to the driver's side port and plug the passenger side coolant port?

I know life is never that simple but thought I'd ask anyway.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Often, you can solve your problem by using a 45 degree hose end fitting on your fuel line but more to your question, it shouldn't matter which manifold port you use, that is the "pressure side".
I've even used the rear ports on manifolds (i.e., AirGaps) when so equipped with no issues.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Alf,
Thanks for your quick response and confirmation.

I already had it plumbed to the Driver's side in anticipation of this but thought I should ask those that know much more than I before I start it up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts