Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently I put new (new to me) motor due to oil burning on the old one. Anyway right now I have motor from 3/4 ton Chevy 4x4.engine has competition roller rockers, miled cam, about 447 lift and 222 duration, edelbrock 2101 performer intake and a holly 670 carb.
I was wondering if with this setup I would be better off going with edelbrock 2601 intake and edelbrock PERFORMER SERIES 650CFM or THUNDER SERIES AVS 650?
Any recomendations?

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
recently I put new (new to me) motor due to oil burning on the old one. Anyway right now I have motor from 3/4 ton Chevy 4x4.engine has competition roller rockers, miled cam, about 447 lift and 222 duration, edelbrock 2101 performer intake and a holly 670 carb.
I was wondering if with this setup I would be better off going with edelbrock 2601 intake and edelbrock PERFORMER SERIES 650CFM or THUNDER SERIES AVS 650?
Any recomendations?
Nothing of use from me, other than a carb will work better than a curb. :cool:

Sorry the :devil: made me do it!!

:ragtop:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
More info would be better to get a better answer.

I think the power difference of the manifolds would not warrant a purchase from me to change. Maybe if I did not have one and had the extra money for the 2601 I would buy it instead.

I looked up a Crane 967601 and the power band showed 2200 to 5200 which should work good with either manifold. I think a 600 cfm vacuum sec would work best. I don't know anything about Edelbrock carbs. I would use a Quadrajet, but that is probably due to my age :).

Gears, transmission, convertor if auto, compression ratio and use should be taken in to account.

·
Registered
265 Posts
i was going to say I think your a bit heavy on the fuel with a carb that big... stay at 600 cfm holley or edelbrock... thats plenty....
manifold should be fine too.

If your looking for more punch when you punch it.. well lets look at transmission and rear set up along with a stall converter and suspension so it hooks up and transfers that power to the ground.... throwing parts at something is a waste of money... high performance tuning is like algebra.. without the proper formula your spitting in the wind my friend..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts