Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
My car was orig not ordered with a radio
It’s a 69 ss someone had put in a aftermarket radio. My question is I’ve included a pic showing a radio cutout with volume & tuning & it looks like it’s all together with the complete panel? I also searched the net & saw a couple of panels & they had the same thing. Also did these cars come with holes in the front dash for a front speaker? Thanks Brian

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Guys
Does anyone out there have a 69 that originally came with no radio?
Did it come with a hole for the radio or did it have a plate that said nova on it? Again someone out it an aftermarket radio in mine but it looks like it was orig plate with tuning & volume & a space for a radio?
Thx Brian

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes we did sorry for all the questions, it looks like my car had a factory radio installed by the dealer. This is why I have a cut out for the radio.
thanks for all the info
love my Nova!

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,760 Posts
It looks like it's all together. Did they put the aftermarket radio in the glovebox and just leave the dash open like that?

The cars normally just had a single spot in the middle of the dash for a speaker under the dash pad.

NOT WANTING top-BE RUDE ........

but, this is not correct , either.

"The cars normally just had a single spot in the middle of the dash for a speaker ---under the dash pad. "

In 69 -- the dash DID have a place for the front radio speaker ---
the dash , itself is All Metal , with the dash pad mounted to the metal ,
With the speaker area located in the center , top , closer to the front windshield -----------
the dash pad ... Did Not cover the speaker area .
The pad was towards the 'outter edge' --- facing more to the front seat , than back towards the windshield .

#1 -- like between the defroster vents .

·
Registered
1972 Nova
347 Posts
NOT WANTING top-BE RUDE ........

but, this is not correct , either.

"The cars normally just had a single spot in the middle of the dash for a speaker ---under the dash pad. "

In 69 -- the dash DID have a place for the front radio speaker ---
the dash , itself is All Metal , with the dash pad mounted to the metal ,
With the speaker area located in the center , top , closer to the front windshield -----------
the dash pad ... Did Not cover the speaker area .
The pad was towards the 'outter edge' --- facing more to the front seat , than back towards the windshield .

#1 -- like between the defroster vents .

You're right, I was mistaken and just going off memory thinking the dash pad was deeper. I haven't had mine on in quite awhile.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts