Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new set of IEQUUS gauges and would like to install them in the instrument panel rather then have them hung under the dash. Does anyone make a blank insturment panel insert to replace the stock one so that I can install the gauges?

Thanks
Larry at Papas Nova (75)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Are you replacing all the gauges, speedometer and all, or just looking to add a couple? The reason I ask is I'm not sure what those particular gauges look like, but I recently added a couple to my bezel for the same reason.

I don't have A/C, so I just took a matching bezel from A/C and made a plexiglass insert to fit in place of the vent, painted the back side black and added 2 gauges to it. I'm eventually going to remove the clock and put my tach in place of it. The tach I have now on the column should fit fine without any other mods. The smaller 2-1/8" gauges are just small enough to fit the opening.

I also had another one I made up but decided not to use it. I just didn't think it looked right, and needed a little more work or some trim or something to set it off. For it, I cut the center section of the bezel out from the top to the steering column and made a wood insert using 1/16" Cherry then just cut my holes for the gauges. That's a cheaper way to go about it if you don't mind taking the time to be creative. Plexiglass would work great too, just paint the back side black or whatever color you feel like to make it match.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I used to have a second instrument panel dash. Only thing missing was the oil pressure gauge, rest of it was stock. I'll take a picture of my dash, it has the tach, fuel, volt, temp gauges, oh, and the clock.

·
Registered
569 Posts
WarChilde said:
I used to have a second instrument panel dash. Only thing missing was the oil pressure gauge, rest of it was stock. I'll take a picture of my dash, it has the tach, fuel, volt, temp gauges, oh, and the clock.
That sounds like the 77-79 style guage panel, which, as has been discussed, will unfortunately NOT interchange with a 75-6.

I have the 77 style Tach cluster myself, that I picked up for my 77 Rally, but never installled.

~ AL

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey guys, I've seen that same gauge cluster for sale, Large Round Style 77-79 with Speedo tach, temp, volt, fuel, but no oil. What is the deal with that? Is there a cluster that includes the oil? or an aftermarket small oil that could fit where the clock is? could that work?
I've stuck a sun tach into my blank on the right side where the clock would have been, mine was empty except for the temp light, I moved that over to the left side blank next to the brake light. so all my lights are now on the left side. I've thought about the other cluster for a long time, but haven't decided whether or not its worth getting.

Also, whats this I keep hearing about a Police model that had a 120 mph speedo?
I can't stand this 80 mph I've got now.
Rich

·
Registered
122 Posts
There is a police speedo that goes up to 120mph. The guy that had one was too lazy to go back into his garage to sell me his. Don't really blame hime though, not in the middle of a Phoenix summer, hehehe. His came out of a 1976 I believe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts