Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you're putting the trim back on is there a secret to it going on? I got some new clips from NNN and they are pretty tight. I didn't want to have to use a rubber mallet or something to snap them in, but it's appearing that I might have to. :eek:

Any help is greatly appreciated. :D

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
I got some from them too...but haven't put them in yet. When you get yours figured out, come on over and do mine! I had all my trim refinished and polished so not looking forward to banging on it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's exactly where I'm at... I just painted the car and I'm in the process of putting it back together. I polished up the original window trim and with the exception of two little dings, it looks pretty damn good. That's why I was looking for some tips about putting them back on. I'll probably be tackling it Saturday, so if I figure something out I'll let you know.

Robb

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
installation completed

Got mine put back on. It was actually a lot easier than I anticipated. The new clips from NNN worked great. They were pretty tight, so I put a few of the old clips around to see if they would be easier to attach to. The new ones took a little extra umpf to get on, but they will definitely hold better than the old. Luckily I only used about 5 of the old.

Conclusion, no tricks needed. I was just over thinking the little project. I tend to do that. :D

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I'm about to put mine back on as well and I was wondering what order if any it goes back one. I've got the top two pieces on already but not the sides or the bottom. What's the best way to put them on?

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
I have the old clips from 3 66 Novas and when I look at the pictures of the clips in the parts catalog they look different. I redid the old clips and used them but I would like to use new ones. Would you mind posting the part #? I have never ordered from NNN. NAPA has them listed but they do not have them. I'm getting gun shy about ordering anything anymore.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Got mine put back on. It was actually a lot easier than I anticipated. The new clips from NNN worked great. They were pretty tight, so I put a few of the old clips around to see if they would be easier to attach to. The new ones took a little extra umpf to get on, but they will definitely hold better than the old. Luckily I only used about 5 of the old.

Conclusion, no tricks needed. I was just over thinking the little project. I tend to do that. :D
How close to the the glass are your bottom and side moldings? I put mine back on and you could look down and see all of the clips and the inside of the window opening. I'm going to mask off and black it in which will help. I had about 4 new clips on the drivers side that was holding the molding off a little so I swapped them out with some originals I found that I didn't realize I had. These will let it set down about an 1/8" which will leave me with 1/8" gap between the glass and molding. Stupes said it should lay pretty snug against the glass but there is a real nice 67 SS on Ebay right now and looking at the pictures the molding sets away from the glass about like mine does. I thought about cutting the glass out so I could raise it up but that's a bunch of work just to raise it 1/8" or so. I was just wondering how yours fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts