Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front of my wagon was way too low. it had stock springs with who knows how many coils cut. so I picked up some stock springs from Justin (jmdc) that had only one coil cut:yes:
Before

After

it raised like 1.5"

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Looks great, still nice and low. How's the ride quality... any better?

I just did my front end and my springs aren't low enough :mad:. The rear is low (spring sag after 40+ yrs ?). I'm using 1.5" front lowering springs from Eaton. I'm at 9" front and 9.5" rear from bottom of rocker cover to ground. Maybe a heavier surf board would do it :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't driven on them yet. I need to buy new shocks so I left them off until I buy new shocks tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Looks good brother! You should have told me I would have gave you the ones I took off :yes:

-Justin

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good brother! You should have told me I would have gave you the ones I took off :yes:

-Justin
thanks, but I should probably get new ones:yes: I'll pick some up tomorrow then get the front end aligned next week. Gotta get her ready for Santa Cruz!!!:D

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
sorry Mike, for some odd reason, i like it with the old springs.... i liked the baby demon drop it had. how about like a 1/4 in block in the rear to raise or take out half a coil or a 1/4... actually u know what its ur car, if it rides & feels better keep it. its just something about those 1st gens sitting on the floor or close to it.....JMstupidO!!!!

JOHN

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree, It looked better before but It rode like crap:yes: but at least the car sits level now. maybe I will get air bags in the future so I can have the best of both worlds:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts