Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got rid of the column shifter. Changed the tach to a better position and made the bracket permanent now. It was just pop riveted temporarily, welded together now that the stock shift arm is gone. I think everything is just about where I want it now, believe it or not I can still see the heater controls by just moving my head a little to right and they're still easily accessible.

·
Super Moderator
12,005 Posts
Looks real good. I have discovered a tach, especially a large one is hard to mount in these Novas. The Rally dash with tach is going into mine, may not be impressive bt will be easy :D

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, there just isn't a lot of options for a tach. Personally I kind of like the bad boy badass look of a tach hanging around.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Tach position brings back memories. I put a Sun tach there using an old bracket Dad had. Worked good but didn't have a clear view of the right turn signal blinker or the right side of the gauge cluster (not that it mattered anyway.)

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
I have a big Autometer tach on mine and mounted it in almost the same position. I moved the shift light to directly on the column for better visability. It's a little busy with the wideband gauge, tach, shift light and all working factory gauges, + oil pressure/water temp/alt in the radio hole, but you can see everything just fine! Gotta love the two big outside holes they leave you on the plain jane clusters.

Kev

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Next job for the interior; grind off the stock shift mount, fill it and repaint the column. Maybe a new wheel, that ones pretty darn big.

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
steering wheel

Hey Gary,
If you dont want your old steering wheel I could use it. Mine got kinda crispy...

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it could be a long time Mike, you know I don't work too darn fast. A red wheel with a tan interior anyway? Nahhhhhh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts