Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Order of construction on my 70

I need to replace the outer deck panel. The passenger quarter. And the rear tail light panel. The tail light panel is off right now.

What order should i replace these in? Does it matter? I planned to do the tail light panel first. Just because it’s out now. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would start with the quarter panel first.Than work your way back.You want to get it lined up with the door properly.I would use small sheet metal screws to get everything lined up and mocked first.There easy to take out to adjust.Once you have everything lined up,than I would start welding.Be prepared to take that quarter panel off a bunch of times,definitely gonna need a helper to give you a hand lining it up.Aftermarket parts don’t fit worth of crap.Good luck!

·
Registered
139 Posts
You'll get a good hint on the order when you take it apart. Do that by breaking loose each spot weld that holds these pieces together. Of course the quarter panel will have more spot welds/cuts to remove it beyond the other pieces you mention.

Going back together, put all the pieces in place with tack welds and sheet metal screws. Don't finish weld anything until it all fits.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts