Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,467 Posts
Yes, but it's a tight squeeze. I got mine in and then realized that I had started the wrong end when threading it through and it was now backwards and wedged in place! I said the heck with it (well, maybe that's not exactly what I said) and took one of the springs back out which made it easier. I have closely wound springs, though, that don't give much wiggle room. :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dan, What is the way to do it if I do not remove anything? Hate to pull a spring out if I can do it another way. When I initially pulled the bar out there were much taller springs in that gave it hte 70s gasser look. ****

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
It involves a lot of swearing and twisting and turning and that's just what your body has to go through! I got mine in one time real smoothly, and another time I screamed and yelled and sweated for what seemed about an hour!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I feel normal then. I'm at the swearing and twisting part. Does it work better trying to put it in and through from one side better than the other? Maybe thats some of my problem? All help appreciated.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Yep I made the mistake of forgetting to install it when the suspension was apart too. I also expanded my vocabulary!:eek::devil:

Jack the front end up as high as you can so everything hangs down and remove the front wheels and start twisting away.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I don't recall ever having trouble installing or removing it with all the other suspension in. Actually, when I took my front end apart last time, I pulled the sway bar out first so its gotta be able to go back in. Or maybe I'm just good at spatial relationships. Now I may run into trouble cause I plan to get a bigger front bar, maybe one of those 1 1/8" guys. we'll see.....

·
Registered
41 Posts
There was no way my 1-1/8 bar was going in, twisted and sweared for a couple hours. All I got out of it was a scratched up sway bar. Next morning, I just dropped an a arm and it slid right into place. Would have saved me so much time and trouble to have done that in the first place.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to everyone. I was hoping that if one end was started first that it would be easier. I will try alittle longer before I drop an A-Arm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts