Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its a 1973, 4 door. some of the lights are being weird but im sure thats because i havent changed all the bulbs out yet. my main concern(as far as passing inspection)is with the wipers not working.

whats the first step in figuring out whats wrong with it? i could just change everything out from the switch to the wiring to the wiper motor, buuuut i was hoping you guys knew of a common fix for it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
First thing is to make sure the wiper motor works. Bypass the switch since obviously the wiper motor is not working now through the switch. Take the 12 volt side wire of the wipe motor and run it directly to 12 volts either off the positive side of the battery or under your dash to a live 12 volt plugin off your fuse panel. If the motor is good the wipers should move too and fro like normal. If you get nothing with the motor it is a bad motor. You can add a fuse to the jumper wire if you prefer but first thing is to check and see if the motor works. If the motor works after jumping it you will know it is a switch issue. Let everyone know your progress on this.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Make sure the switch body is getting a good ground. I've fixed a few of these (70 c10 and 70 Elky) by scuffing up the outer switch body and ensuring a ground jumper was present.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts