Out with the old!:eek::D

Found the transmission leaks! :eek:

The cleanup begins!

AL

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just sqeeze 5 or 6 more tubes of RTV around the dipstick tube., Al.... :devil::D
I wonder if a different color will work?:rolleyes:

Little motor mount problem?:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
I would JB weld that mount back together., and then strap the new engine down with tow straps... They'll look just like blower restraints if you wrap them in duct tape... :D:rolleyes::turn::rolleyes::D

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
Here's some more ideas: A styrofoam cooler could be sanded & shaped to resemble the blower.,then covered in aluminum foil & glued down over the carb... An upside-down dust pan painted silver for the scoop., and D-cell batteries could double as nitrous solenoids... Soup cans for pulleys & an inner tube should work great for the belt... :D:turn::D

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
Here's some more ideas: A styrofoam cooler could be sanded & shaped to resemble the blower.,then covered in aluminum foil & glued down over the carb... An upside-down dust pan painted silver for the scoop., and D-cell batteries could double as nitrous solenoids... Soup cans for pulleys & an inner tube should work great for the belt... :D:turn::D
Sounds like you have been looking into this for your own project??:yes::devil: Got any pics?:D

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oil pan trash!

In the old engine!

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Done with the old!
new one in the bag!

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oil pump pickup bracket mod for front sump.

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
is that piston... shavings? or fractured piston
it's all kinds of stuff. mostly the 3rd layer:eek: of bearing. I am not going to tear into it till later. I got a big enough mess don't need this engine spread out everywhere!:no:

AL

·
Super Moderator
67 4 door, 65 wagon (in pieces)
6,637 Posts
Are you going to try to resurrect the old one Al? Is there any boring and rebuilding or are you scraping it?

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
it's all kinds of stuff. mostly the 3rd layer:eek: of bearing. I am not going to tear into it till later. I got a big enough mess don't need this engine spread out everywhere!:no:

AL
:eek: Holly smoke :eek:

Al. be a bud will ya... drill of hole is the bigger pieces.... string some 10lbs monofiliment through it..... I need some new tinsel!:D

1 - 20 of 68 Posts