Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make plastic inner front fender wells for a '73? I own a '73 Ventura drag car and want it light, but want to cut down on underhood turbulance. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
If its the same as a novas there are fiberglass ones out there but as a drag car i would just remove them, dont think turbulance would be an issue since you would be removing 20-30lbs plus keeping the engine cooler.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should add that my wheel wells are already removed and with the electric fans and water pump, my engine temps are fine

·
6,502 Posts
If you do remove them, add some type of under fender protection. I built custom inner fender wells for my car years ago and one of the front tires picked up a rock and put in a nice "outie" mark on the topside of the fender. After that I fabbed some thin steel under fender plates that now will not allow any rocks flying upward under the fender to hit the sheet metal skin.

Glasstek makes fiberglass ones and I saw a set years ago and they must have made the molds off of original steel ones and if you looked closely at the fiberglass you could see where to drill out for the mounting holes.

I wonder how hard it would be to modify some plastic ones off of maybe the mid sized GM cars from the mid 80's ?. With those I would think you could take a heat gun and do some forming or rebending of them if they are close to fitting.

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts