Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what people are using to seal the inner fenders to the body when they are bolted on. I al;ready have the seals that go between the fneders and cowl. I do not see anything available from Chevy II Only.
Are they available? Or could I use something else?
Thanks

·
Registered
689 Posts
on a first gen?

Assuming you are talking about the straight seal that runs along the front clip against the firewall, I used stainless steel staples. There may still be the holes where it was originally stapled on. I just pushed them though the original holes and bent them over by hand and screw driver. Mr Chevy II had them. They were the same staples I used to put the body to rear bumper seal on. In some cases where I couldn't find a hole, I drilled a small one where I needed it. A little time consuming but it worked great.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Inner fender to body seal? The only seal is the rounded seal that staples on to the cowling edge and rests on the fender... there is also a long straight seal that runs on the corner of the firewall to down the length of the outside of the inner fender. Is that what you are talking about?

I used aircraft grade safety wire to hold them all down

DW

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I have the staples ,just need the seal... I will give MR Cvey II a try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts