Chevy Nova Forum banner

141 - 160 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,753 Posts
Thank you ; for those very Nice Pictures of your Very Nice 63 .

. . . . jim

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
1963 Nova SS, triple black
200-4R, 3.73 10 bolt posi
Disk brakes all 4 corners, front and rear sway bars, subframe connectors, traction bars
17 inch wheels
Original interior but added seat belts front and back
New wiring harness and gauges, retro sound head unit with focal speakers

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Thank you Jim. I appreciate your comments more than you know. Most people give me the cold shoulder when they see the L6.
Jeff

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
at our car shows or cruise nights (which , I do not attend anymore = because of Covid19 ) . . . . . . . . .
every person - - - - ask ; "what you got in there" . . . . . you should see them . . . when the hood comes
up . But , then they see - - - - and , ask - - "is that a 4bbl , you have" - - - - I think they start too like
it , after afew seconds . . . . . .

...................................................................... surprise , surprise , surprise ..........................................................

lol . . .
jim

Reactions: Ricky B

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
and , Here's another Nice 63 , with th' 292 ' Big Six & T 5 5speed '

AJ Perks . . . . ROTM winner (awhile back) .

(I like his motor ) . . . . I'm trying to get info about this 'Engine Install ' .

. . . . jim

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
Hi Jeff

Man . . . I think that IS Very Cool Chevy Six . . . . you have there .
I really thought my 250 was OK . . . but , I sure like your motor , alot .

and , yes , I'm from - - 1948 - - born & raised in Dallas . . . . many years ago .

You have a very find 63 Nova (plus a 63 SS , a convertible , and Very ' Top Drawer Chevy II ' ) (y) . . . . .
all in a very nice package .

thank you for posting those cool pictures . . . . . :)

ps : I bought a spare 250 motor (from my local Craigslist ) , from a 65 chev p/u , they were doing a V-8
up grade , for 150 dollars - - it had the "Clifford Valve cover & Clifford 4bbl intake , on that motor . (also ,
had some tube headers . . . but , they were 'rusted - out' . . . I just left them laying there ) .

stay safe . . . . later , jim

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Thanks Jim. Took awhile to sort out once everything was installed but now she runs like a top! I just need to finish this stage of the build with the lump port head, 264 cam, and upgraded timing gears. That should wake up the little 6!
Are you going to swap in a 292?
Jeff

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
Thanks Jim. Took awhile to sort out once everything was installed but now she runs like a top! I just need to finish this stage of the build with the lump port head, 264 cam, and upgraded timing gears. That should wake up the little 6!

Are you going to swap in a 292?

Jeff
Jeff . . . that answer is ; YES . . . . if . . . . (but) . . . . that front " balancer IS TOO Long .

The 292 motor - - will fit (and clear, everything) in the engine compartment (and clear my 3-row
- - V-8 (factory stock = H D cooling ; RPO # V01) - - radiator , (and clear my A/C cond) .
But , with that ' long balancer ' , I want too use my factory (mech) FAN blade . . . . . so , i need a
"shorter 2-groove front crank balancer" ; plus , a 2-groove water pump pulley to match (my 250 does
have a 2-groove w/p pulley , now . . . if it matches up ? ) .

note : 12bolt.com . . . does have a 2-groove balancer (that looks shorter = I have NOT checked that) .

note : I do know about the 'passenger side motor mount - issue' .

note : I do have the B/H & 168 tooth fly-wheel . . (and matching starter) . . (that will bolt - up , and work)
but , does have the . . . "large hole" - for the truck transmission .
I can use that , but would like too know ,
If I can change to a ' 153 tooth - F/W '
. . . . . . . . . . . . & use the "car type B/H = # 403 " ( for a 3rd
gen Nova . . . . which fits my ' current T 5 5speed ' ) .

NOT a BIG Deal . . . . and, maybe NOT a Big Hurry . . . . because my current 250 motor is my

' original engine ' (to my car) ; and - does run really well . . . even , more fun with the T 5 .
. . . . . ( I also like . . . . " If it ain't Broke , don't mess with it " ).....................
" Keep - it - Simple " .

we'll see if any other SNS members have any good " 292 six info " . . . .
I know it has been done . . . . . ( I have looked at - - " Adam Perks engine "

. . . AJ Perk s - - 292 engine .

works for me ..... . . . ..............
jim

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Keep us informed and good luck. I think if your beautiful 292 were going in my shoebox, I would have to go with an electric fan. The fan blade on my 194 comes within mm of my radiator.

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
Thanks Jeff - - - - I only wish . . . . . .

but , that is not my 292 - - - - That one is in AJ Perk 's 63 Nova .

Here's mine . . . . . "th' Dirty Pig" . . . . below .

( I've got some work to do on this 'porker' ) . . . . lol

jim

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
That’s about what mine looked like before I started working on it in 2016. Degreaser, wire brush, scraper, rags, and paint. Okay, I replaced a few things too.
You’ll get there.
Jeff

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
Took awhile to sort out once everything was installed but now she runs like a top! I just need to finish this stage of the build with the lump port head, 264 cam, and upgraded timing gears. That should wake up the little 6!

Jeff
say Jeff . . . this is a SNS member , with his 63 Nova , and 250 ci engine . . . . his post of ' rebuilding
his engine and doing his DIY lump ports ' .

all of his 'Pictures DO work' . . . . . (when you "click his post" . . . the pic's load 'slow . . . give them time ) .
(I just looked , yesterday ) .

Another very Nice 63 , also - Joe Rose . ( last seen : Aug 14 , 2019 ) .

. . . theycallmelarami . . . . Hey Joe . . . . I hope you are doing well & good . . . (y)

. . . . later , jim

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Hey ' RB ' . . . . . . . I like that 230 & u'r wagon . . . . . . "Keeping it Simple" . . . . (y) .

. . . . jim

141 - 160 of 160 Posts