Chevy Nova Forum banner
181 - 182 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
my plan is not high boost. 7 lbs or so. I’m running 9 lbs on my stock bottom end 6.0L. Those have garbage pistons and rods and it’s doing pretty good! But I’m also running water/meth injection so that might help. Guess we will see, if it pops it pops
I'll be getting a 64 4dr. soon and was thinking of goin turbo on the 194 also. Can you fill us in on what parts you ordered? What induction you planning on using? Offy intake and Holley 4bbl? Thanks

·
Registered
1966 Chevy ll. 194 inline 6
40 Posts
I'll be getting a 64 4dr. soon and was thinking of goin turbo on the 194 also. Can you fill us in on what parts you ordered? What induction you planning on using? Offy intake and Holley 4bbl? Thanks
I’m getting the Fitech poweradder EFI carb. It’s built for boost. (Can be used on LS or sbc in the future)

An EFI gas tank and or surge tank (don’t know which I want to use yet, I currently don’t have a gas tank installed in mine)

as far as the intake manifold to accept the 4bbl carb…I’m a welder by trade and I think I can build a really nice intake. If not I’ll spend the $800 Canadian and buy the intake.

For blow off valves and waste gate: I’m supporting a local Alberta company. Black sheep industries (check them out)

The turbo isn’t going to be a high dollar unit. Just something sized right for the 194 that I can maybe run as twins on an LS later on. Lots of options on Performance-world.
EVERYTHING seems to be on back order these days so I’m just playing the waiting game now

181 - 182 of 182 Posts