Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking of buying an offy intake with a holley 4 barrel it has 1850-4 stamped on it , i believy its a 600cfm. will this be a good mate for a 250ci with an hei distributor and 2.5 exhaust, other than that its pretty stock. thank you

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
L6 and the Carb

It might be a little too much carb for the L6, unless you add a cam and some port work, see Larry Twisted6 about porting a L6 head.

I have a Holley 390cfm four barrell on my 250. Its fairly stock but doesn't complain about the carb. Once I build it things might change.

But other than that I think you can get started with what you have.:yes:

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
It's a little big, but if it is a vacuum secondary, you should be able to make it work.

Edit: A 250 is only 30 CI smaller than a 283.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey 70rookie, what kind of changes did you have to make for the linkage on that eddybrok

·
Registered
128 Posts
sent you a pm with more pics. the throttle linkage may be aftermarket but easy fix. this engine is all stock with 68k on it. the kickdown cable is not hooked up i need a adapter it is to short. if you need better pics let me know. no changes to exhaust at all.

and yes mine is a vacuum secondary so your really only using 2bls until you punch it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts