Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Are you using it to run a four barrel or the factory one barrel carb? Either way you just need the duo pack carb bracket and cable part number DP-1000HT for a stainless cable or DP-1000U for a black cable and change your car over to the BAG-6126 (without rubber insert) or BAG-6127 (with rubber insert) throttle assembly. If you are using the four barrel, use the bracket per the instructions. If you are using the factory one barrel modify the bracket to bolt onto the bolt of the one barrel but let the cable pull the bell crank on the intake and leave the bell crank attched to the carb by the factory rod. Let the cable pull the factory one barrel linkage in short. I have had both way on my car and found it easier to mount the one barrel like I said versus re-engineering the bracket all together.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

I like the set up, but don't like the look of the lokar pedal... so I kept the stock pedal and fabbed up a bracket to make it work off the firewall.....

you can see the carb bracket like HR&C mentions along w the throtle cable and kickdown for the tranny....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Weber 32/36 dfav For inline

OK....I finally received the carburetor from Stoveboltengineco.com. Its a Weber 32/36 DFAV with an electric choke. I'll need to know what I'll need for linkage. I'm thinking of NOT ordering the pedal. After researching other posts, the majority is negative feedback on the pedal. Can someone steer me in the right direction?

Or can someone share their custom formula for getting this 2bbl cab linkage setup to an inline 6? Also, will I need to get a kickdown cable?

Help....

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
should be able to run very similar as the pic above...there are quite a few custom made cable set ups as well as custom bell crank set ups that I've seen here on this site.....

in the pic it has the carb bracket
the upper cable is the throtle, which I cut way down in length
the lower cable is the kickdown , the longest one was just barely long enough, think it was 40" or 48"

think it was around 120 total for all three parts.....

I did not use the pedal in the set up above, but did use all the other lokar parts.

·
Registered
594 Posts

i like the set up, but don't like the look of the lokar pedal... So i kept the stock pedal and fabbed up a bracket to make it work off the firewall.....

You can see the carb bracket like hr&c mentions along w the throtle cable and kickdown for the tranny....
i am trying to make my 2 barrel carb work on my car right now actually could you possibly get a picture of how the cable attaches to the pedal assembly im having a hard time seeing it on my computer thanks

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

this was a monday morning fix to get to work that day.... swapped the carb and manifold over one weekend and didn't finsish w all the linkage nonsense....

it's a stock 6 cyl throlte bracket and i cut it and made a new piece for it to bend the way it needs to fit....

so the set up works great, it's just a little crude IMO.... my plan was/is to redo it to look better just haven't got around to it yet... probably have 60,000miles on this setup....

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,882 Posts

I like the set up, but don't like the look of the lokar pedal... so I kept the stock pedal and fabbed up a bracket to make it work off the firewall.....

you can see the carb bracket like HR&C mentions along w the throtle cable and kickdown for the tranny....
Cool thread to have for a sticky !!!

sLOW63, your pic is a good one for the upgrade. So which transmission is in that nova ?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
sLOW63, your pic is a good one for the upgrade. So which transmission is in that nova ?
2 speed glide, stock column shifted....63 wagon

I'm going to redo it all shortly... in the process of putting on a front clip... hopefully the new version will look a lot better....

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
OK....I finally received the carburetor from Stoveboltengineco.com. Its a Weber 32/36 DFAV with an electric choke. I'll need to know what I'll need for linkage. I'm thinking of NOT ordering the pedal. After researching other posts, the majority is negative feedback on the pedal. Can someone steer me in the right direction?

Or can someone share their custom formula for getting this 2bbl cab linkage setup to an inline 6? Also, will I need to get a kickdown cable?

Help....
I'm thinking this is the same carb maybe? Mines a Holley/webber 2bbl progressive with electric choke. This setup was plan A untill I found a dual 1 bbl setup ready to go and decided to use it instead. So this set up became plan B in case I don't like the dual carb setup.
This is as far as I got with it. I was planning on using a throttle cable because that seemed easier than figuring up a mechanical linkage using the stock pedal. Since the aftermarket doesn't support these I6 engines like a V8, I had to do this the traditional way and FABRICATE my own throttle/kickdown bracket. I pattered this after the one made by trans dapt or spectre. I can't remeber which. I modified the design to fit this particular application , while retaining the adjustablity feature I desired. Here it is.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

I didn't get as far as figuring out how to put in a later style factory GM throttle pedal/ cable assy on the nova firewall yet. There were a bunch of different length cables used.
Sometimes you can't rely too much on the aftermarket to solve your problems for you. You'll have to get creative with what you have to work with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts