Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found a oil leek in my front adjuster side plate and was wondering how the heck i can get that plate off and back on without taking the distributer out. im not comfortable taking it out never done it before and dont want to mess anything up. any suggestions? front plate on pic below.
[/IMG]

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is taking the distributor out and getting it lined back up easy? i should just mark the dist frame and somewhere on the block to line it up? thanks for any info guys havent worked on cars like this since i was 16 and forgot most of it:eek:

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Welcome to the site 70NovaRookie!

I see you added aftermarket intake/carb. What size edelbrock carb is that, intake are you using? I'd like to see better pictures of your intake setup. I have an Offenhauser/Holley 390cfm setup.

·
Registered
142 Posts
That cover is very easy to take off, at least in my experience. You can just take the cap off without taking the plug wires out, flop it over the valve cover, slide the coil up out of the bracket for clearance, and then pull off those three bolts to get the inspection cover off. It probably just needs a new gasket.

Should be pretty straightforward.

Best of luck!

Dan

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks DS seems like the dist frame hangs over the lip of the plate but i will do it tonight and if i get stuck i will ask for more help.

SGTsteve i just got this thing i know the edlebrock is a 600 cfm havent checked the modle but i will for you and i will check the intake and a better pic and post it.

when i baught this i thought a 4brl was a little much but after i put a new firewall support for the gas pedel this thing is running awesome. they had welded a support on the firewall and the gas pedel only had a inch of clearence from the floor so you had to floor it everywhere you went to get any speed up.

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
SGTsteve i just got this thing i know the edlebrock is a 600 cfm havent checked the modle but i will for you and i will check the intake and a better pic and post it.

when i baught this i thought a 4brl was a little much but after i put a new firewall support for the gas pedel this thing is running awesome. they had welded a support on the firewall and the gas pedel only had a inch of clearence from the floor so you had to floor it everywhere you went to get any speed up.
I can see now that you have an offenhauser intake, what are you running for exhaust, header or stock exhaust manifold? I always like to see what people have done to their inlines.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Also, you should keep in mind that the distributor is really easy to remove and replace if you use a sharpee to mark it in a couple of locations.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
thanks for the help guys love this sight and that is why i joined very helpful people on here.

SGT its running headers to a single in double out the back flowmaster. im not likeing the way they did the exhaust so i will take it to my cousin who owns jims muffler in colton and have him redo everything. i have some good hookups from family exhaust,paint and body, and engine work if needed so if all else fails i can take it to them for cheap:yes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts