·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone provide shot(s) of a 4 barrel setup on an inline 6

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
I have a 4-bbl setup for my BMW M30 motor that is going into my 67 wagon...

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,918 Posts
What do you need .... ?

My Holley 390 on my OFFY 4bbl intake mounts my carb facing
front to rear on my motor.
I am using "Twisted6 -- Larry's carb base plate.

Plus my 69 has a "throttle cable" (factory type carb cable) , and hooks to my carb / set-up very easy.
using this "cable bracket from Skip White Performance.com

https://www.skipwhiteperformance.co...-holley-carburetor-long-blue-short-red_90597/

This / my set up is on a 3rd gen Nova.

jim

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Pictures are good too have :

#1 .. "Skip White Performance' carb "throttle cable bracket"
Very easy too hook-up carb linkage (if using a factory type throttle cable)

#2 .. same picture -- shows where I installed two 1/4" bolts -- just incase those 'stops' were to come loose & try to slide around.
The only other part that I had to ADD.
Was the "throttle Ball" fitting on the carb linkage, to attach my throttle cable to. (I had an old carb to rob from).
I did change one 'spring' , because the two matching springs were too strong.

#3 .. back to the firewall .. picture .

#4 .. Twisted6 OFFY base plate . The OFFY intake comes with a base mounting plate --- BUT --- will Not turn around (the holes only match one way).

#5 .. simple .. new intake , new 390 carb

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
hbanger .....

Nice picture of your 390 carb "throttle cable" set-up.

I sure thought of using ' Twisted6 ' -- 'bellcrank throttle' unit also ....... and, I bought a 36" Lokar cable for that hook-up .... and, ended up using my 'stock (69 Nova) throttle cable' .

Some guys had an issue hooking up their 'throttle linkage' when installing their carbs ---- Very Good Picture of Your Carb Linkage ,
thanks for posting. Are you still running your Six --- ?

Thanks .... jim

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These are the kind of foto(s) i am looking for ..... keep them coming. The more foto(s) the better ...

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
FOR THE BEST VIEW : Enlarge the pictures .... click on the TOP BAR .

#3 Offy intake with Offy Carb base mounting plate (mounts side-ways) ....
harder to hook-up throttle linkage

#4 Parts is Parts ...

Then too hook-up your throttle linkage -- EVEN on a 1st Gen Nova ..... I'd change over to the later style "Gas Pedal with Throttle Cable"
( my 69 Nova uses that style , very easy to use. If one used both later gas pedal & cable --- I think it would mod to your Nova rather easy. ===== just my 2cents.

O'Reilly's Auto Parts -- '69 Nova 6cyl Accelerator cable -- # CA8472

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...celerator-cable/ca8472/4621500?q=CA8472&pos=0

............ jim

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
You can mount Your Carb Side-ways AND Hook up your Throttle Linkage like "IN POST # 8 " .

Use the "Bell-Crank" Throttle Bracket like hbanger ...... Very Easy !

go to post # 8 , and enlarge that picture ......... 'Bingo' .

Note: When I used my Holley 390 ( # 8007 @ Summit) ..........

I HAVE NEVER REMOVED MY Carb ...... installed right out-of-the-Box.

............. jim

·
Registered
279 Posts

............ jim
Hi Jim, great stuff you are posting here! thank you - following your inline 6 make me think to keep mine as well as long as possible in the Olds during my project.

Just one question: which exhaust manifold can we see on this pic?

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Hi Jim, great stuff you are posting here! thank you - following your inline 6 make me think to keep mine as well as long as possible in the Olds during my project.

Just one question: which exhaust manifold can we see on this pic?

At this time --- I'm using the 'Stock Nova 250 - 6 exhaust manifold.
That IS one of the "Good Points of Using an OFFY 4bbl intake .........
with the Offy intake you have a choice of using : the stock exhaust system - use the "Split-Exhaust Manifolds" - or - use Tube - Headers.
Meaning, you can use your stock exhaust if it is complete & safe to use. OR -- I am using my stock exh system because : I installed my Holley Carb & OFFY intake 1st -- before, I installed my O.D. T 5 Transmission. So, I used my stock exh because -- I did NOT want my "split-manifold" exh pipes to 'Block Any Of My Clutch Linkage :
z-bar - lower clutch rod - throw-out / clutch-release arm , ect. Plus my stock exh is still in very good shape.
made sense too me.

#4 ... You have to have these manifold pipes made-to-fit ... and, they would interfere with any clutch linkage -- (I still need to buy my new mufflers & have the manifolds coated.

#5 ... getting crowded down there ...... :eek:

#6 ... only One Exh pipe too deal with ... at this time ... Dual Exhaust coming soon ... :D

Note : With / using the "CLIFFORD 4bbl Carb Intake" -- you have a 'choice of exhaust system' --------------- ONE : Tube-Headers only .

........... jim

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Well I'm just a Chevy Six Cylinder Fan , If it runs good & looks good ..... then why Not.
At our 1st 'local cruise-night' yesterday - several people were surprised that th' Nova had a Late-Model 5 speed o.d. tranny behind my six.

Then, you spell SNS === NPHNP === go for it .

Thank you, for the kind words ..... :waving:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Jim, yes still running it, it got the first drive of the year last weekend. The reason I went side ways is because of the parts I used, the offy had been hanging in my friends garage since the 80s and it was made for some small 4bbl it had the elco carb adaptor plate with it so I kind of worked around that and used a twisted 6 bellcrank. I’m running Langdon cast headers, lokar throttle cable and pedal and a Wagner adjustable PCV valve

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
hbanger

just checking ..... and, glad to hear you're still going 'Six'

So many guys are going " LS " , nowdays , and I would go that way too, if I was still working .

That 'Wagner adjustable' ... is on my want-to-do-list , also.
Thanks for the up-date

.............. jim

1 - 20 of 40 Posts