Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 1968 Nova. Body is a Texas body and the motor is a BB 454. Can anyone tell me if this was even an option in 68 or is this a transplant? I have always wanted a BB car and this price seems right at $6500.00 for a driver in need of paint only. Also, is there a site that someone can recommend that has a pretty good history of the Nova? I know alot about Chevelles and Camaros, but not a ton about the Novas through the years.

Thanks in advance and glad to be a new member of the site.

·
14,585 Posts
68 nova

The 454 was never available in the nova. In 1968 the biggest engine would have been a 396 from the factory .The yenko, harrell etc cars were transplanted with 427's and other various combos. this is probably the best nova website around. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people here with probably about any nova that has been made.Check out Novaresource.com for good info on novas.

·
Registered
871 Posts
95vert,
That is not a bad price for a 68 bb car even if it is not original. 68 nova's are gettting hard to come buy. They are the first year for the new body style and the last year chevrolet called them chevy 2. The 66 and 67 nova's are bringing good money but the third gen nova's are just behind alittle. Some say the 68 nova is in a class of it's own because allot of the interior parts are one year only. The dash is totally different on a 68 than a 69-72 nova. They only made 901 BB nova's in 68.( 234 L34 cars rated at 350 hp and 667 L78 375 hp cars). If the body is good and all it needs is paint,and the motor sounds strong, to me it is a no brainer. To prove it is a real bb car documentation is a must. They were made at the end of the production run from April of 68 to july of 68. My car is a may built car. If you post the cowl tag info we might be able to help you out. I am no expert but will help out the best I can.

Jason

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
as was said the 454 was never offered from GM in any Nova....and on top of that I dont think the 454 was available until 1970 :)

·
Registered
905 Posts
Post some pics if you can. Especially of the radiator support, and engine bay. Lotta sharp eyes here. Auto, or 4spd? And what's the build date on the trim tag?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts