Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am saving my milk money for the MSD atomic efi. It says you can run a retrunless fuel pump. I have seen online that I can not run hard lines unless I run a fuel return line.
I would like to know if anyone has used the stock tank to put the pump in the tank. Plus I would like to know if anyone has installed this system with a return line. Can I use the stock sending unit?
Any information would be greatly appreciated!

·
6,404 Posts
You can run a Corvette fuel filter/regulator very close to the fuel tank. It has the incoming line from the tank(with the fuel pump inside) and on the other side of the filter/regulator there are two hose connections. One line would go back to the tank and the other goes to the EFI. I ran hard line for it all right up to the front frame. Then I used braided line up to the EFI.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I am saving my milk money for the MSD atomic efi. It says you can run a retrunless fuel pump. I have seen online that I can not run hard lines unless I run a fuel return line.
I would like to know if anyone has used the stock tank to put the pump in the tank. Plus I would like to know if anyone has installed this system with a return line. Can I use the stock sending unit?
Any information would be greatly appreciated!
There may be guys out there who are running a returnless MSD system and making it work but it has been my experience that it is best to go ahead and put the fuel pump in the tank and to run a return line. I have a friend who has a 68 C10 with a built 355 with the MSD Atomic on it and we tried for a month or so to make it work returnless. It was great unless it was causing problems. It could pick some of the worst times to act up. After he decided to put the pump in the tank and run a return line it has been flawless. When buying any FI unit I would buy the base kit and build my own fuel system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts