Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a car trailer for a couple days next month. Nobody will rent one for out of state travel. I want to bring my car to the track for a little test and tune. I live near Joliet and am going all the way to Union Grove, I know, I know. Does anybody have a place where I can rent an open car trailer for a couple days? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
U-Haul and Budget both rent trailers and I've never heard of them having a problem with out of state since they are countrywide. Matter of fact, I just rented a Budget trailer to go to North Carolina and back.

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
Ya Uhaul for sure should be able to fix ya up..heck I have used one to bring a car from Canada to GA:)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called both and neither will grant me a trailer. U-Haul said I need to rent one of their trucks with it and Budget said only one way. I have rented them in the past but recently it has been impossible.

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
napsternova said:
I called both and neither will grant me a trailer. U-Haul said I need to rent one of their trucks with it and Budget said only one way. I have rented them in the past but recently it has been impossible.
did you go to the Uhaul site and go through the steps to rent it...possibly your vehicle is not one that they feel is heavy enough to haul a car hauler....BUT since it is an in country rental you should be able to do the whole process online If your vehicle passes muster...its asks you a few questions and then says yes or no to your vehicle based on what it is....anyway its worth a try

http://www.uhaul.com/

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
hmmmm...they used to have an option on their website for your tow vehicle towing a auto transport...but its not there anymore....possibly they have changed their policies...I know last May you could choose that option...hmmmm...maybe its not possible anymore...:confused:

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
napsternova said:
It is there but I have an Explorer and it say no tow for me. Needs a bigger truck.

all I saw for using your tow vehicle and hauling a car was the car dolly which is different than an auto transport...If you have access to a F150 4X4 they will let you haul the dolly....I ran that through this morning...but like I said I didnt see a link for your tow vehicle AND a auto transport...must have missed it:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
napsternova said:
It is there but I have an Explorer and it say no tow for me. Needs a bigger truck.

It allowed me to reserve a trailer to haul my Nova. I have a Pathfinder...

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've rented Uhauls twice to go cross country (tx - mn). Even though I'm towing an empty shell, Uhaul said my heavy half ton silverado wasn't enough vehicle to tow with. .. so ok.. I'll admit it. I lied. I called back and said it was a 3/4 ton with a tow package, and then it was okay. The people at the locations don't care at all about what vehicle you're driving and will never see what you're actually hauling. We towed a 68 charger from Montana to MN with a 6 cylinder F150 using a Uhaul trailer. Finding a friend with a trailer is definately a better option.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just rented a dolly from Uhaul in Dec. It had a sticker on it saying not to use Explorer or Sport trac. I thought it was funny being a GM guy.

We asked and was something with rear suspension or something.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts