Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
those of you who do have camera mounts in ur nova 4 drag racing or other wise, what kind r they:confused: ? home made, custom? if so do u have any pics? want 2 make 1 for mine. just need some general ideas. thanks (nova lover since 63)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I spent a few years working on police cars. The in-car camara systems worked great. Some of the guys tried mounting regular camcorders in the cars but had bad problems with vibration.

I'm not sure how crazy you want to get with this. The Mobile Vision systems were the most reliable. They had a camara mounted to the windshield (glue-on mirror mount style bracket). There was a VCR in the trunk and controls were console mounted. These things are being sold on used Ebay regularly.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mobile-Vision-MV-5-Police-incar-Video-system-9_W0QQitemZ7604339248QQcategoryZ25300QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I used a 1 3/4" muffler clamp, drilled a hole thru the flat portion, add a
1/4-20 bolt about 3/4" long with a nut to retain it, attach the clamp to the bar with the bolt pointed up, and screw the camera on. Survived the 90 mile Silver State road race with no problems. I had a small ballhead from an old tripod to help aim the camera, but it's not really needed. An extra jam nut will let you snug the camera where you point it.

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts
I/O Port racing makes a camera mount that clamps to the roll bar. There are others.
I've seen homade mounts also but it think vibration isolation is important along with the "steady shot" stabilization that Sony's and other camera's have.

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts
DriveWFO said:
I didn't have any vibration problems with mine at all :)
probably not enough power.

·
Registered
425 Posts
HOLY COW!!! Do I smella grudge race a-brewin'?:eek: I don't know why you'd come clear out to Montana from IL, but if you do, I want whatevers left of the winner!!! I'll betcha' a trip to the concession stand I can whip ya both!:D

·
Premium Member
8,046 Posts
I don't know why you'd come clear out to Montana from IL,
Drive_WFO wasn't very good at geography in school. He wanted me meet him there; he fifured that was the half way point between PA and IL. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts