Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
ONE of my favorite cars on this site......:yes:
I have to get up there one day! I have only been to Cecil one time.... Need to change that!

Nice video...... :eek:

I was expecting to see the sky.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Nice run. That's about the cleanest low nine second run I've ever seen. You need a new screen name. Hah!

·
Registered
631 Posts
SWEET! Is that the GoPro Cam? I had mine in my car for a pass, I had it mounted on the roll cage cross bar behind me looking forward but for some reason you could see up to the windshield but looking through the glass it was all white almost like the settings were wrong or something. Definitely a nice pass!

·
Registered
268 Posts
SWEET! Is that the GoPro Cam? I had mine in my car for a pass, I had it mounted on the roll cage cross bar behind me looking forward but for some reason you could see up to the windshield but looking through the glass it was all white almost like the settings were wrong or something. Definitely a nice pass!

First off Adam I couldn't get the video to up load?
Second badasss70_nova I got my GOPRO from Marc and he and I have been discussing this very issue. What I did was get some window tint and cut a small piece to fit inside your camera case bubble. Then put the camera in and video away...makes a big difference. Takes out the glare.:yes:

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Nice video. It kind of comes out of nowhere if you know what I mean. Nice easy burnout. Ease up to the line. Tree activates and then BAM, it takes off and then you can tell it's got balls. LOL

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
First off Adam I couldn't get the video to up load?
Second badasss70_nova I got my GOPRO from Marc and he and I have been discussing this very issue. What I did was get some window tint and cut a small piece to fit inside your camera case bubble. Then put the camera in and video away...makes a big difference. Takes out the glare.:yes:
Nice video. Have U tried the camera at night since you put tint in the case?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can't change my screen name

Thanks all.

That was a friends gopro camera, now I need to get one. It does look a lot slower on the video to me then at the track. Guys at work swore it was only a 12sec car. The only thing I could say is watch the camera time counter..

I had some suspension issues, I think I have them ironed out, going bak to Cecil this Sat to try again, last weekend I managed a 9.06 at 148, hopefully using the transbrakle and a little tweaking it will drop into the 8's..

I have had the 10sec screen name since I bought a nova that was running 13's, and my aspiration were 10's on motor..

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
great video.thanks for taking the time to share it with us.
leftcoast carl.

·
Premium Member
8,046 Posts
Wow! That was cool :D Someday I hope to get into the tens; that nine second pass even looks better! :devil:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thanks all.

That was a friends gopro camera, now I need to get one. It does look a lot slower on the video to me then at the track. Guys at work swore it was only a 12sec car. The only thing I could say is watch the camera time counter..

I had some suspension issues, I think I have them ironed out, going bak to Cecil this Sat to try again, last weekend I managed a 9.06 at 148, hopefully using the transbrakle and a little tweaking it will drop into the 8's..

I have had the 10sec screen name since I bought a nova that was running 13's, and my aspiration were 10's on motor..
Can you share the suspension issues and the fix? I have a 70 with what I think are suspension issues, because my 60's vary quite a bit. I do run at Capitol though. I'm foot braking with 32x14's, 4.88's, ladder bar, mono leaf. I'm using a 12 inch rim with the 14 inch tire and I don't like the wear pattern on the tire. I'm thinking about trying a 32x13 Hoosier.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Very nice, i think i've seen your car there before, do you only run on saturdays or do you ever come out on a friday or wednesday?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts