Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used Imitation chambered mufflers such as SUM-633222 - Summit® Fully Welded Mufflers for $37.95. I'm curious of the quality and sound. Are they 2 or 3 chamber etc.

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
a buddy of mine uses the summit mufflers on his 496BB chevelle and they sound just like a flowmaster.. dont know if they help or hurt performance but the sound is good..

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm installing these on a small displacement daily driver, so flow won't be an issue, thanks.

·
Registered
159 Posts
My dad found some cheaper Chinese knockoffs on the internet and used them. Sound good, the inlet/outlet were a little crooked, but other than that, they worked fine.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What I want is 50 series 3 chamber Flowmaster mufflers, just don't want to shell out $200. Does Flo Pro offer something similar?

·
Registered
735 Posts
I have the "Force" fully welded flowmaster knock-off's on my 2007 Silverado and it sounds amazing. And they are like $30 each

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
I cut my Flowmasters off due to the center outlet location when I put my tailpipes on. Went with Flowsound, cheaper and they sound identical. My buddy took the Flowmasters to use on his GTO.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thrush welded mufflers are good also....we run them on a 385 chevy and they sound good imo

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Knock off for flow masters?? I always thought flow masters were a knock off. LOL Just kidding!!!! Had to take a poke.. Ummm, I dont know, some coffee cans welded together, that would be the closest I think. :D Sorry, cant help myself... Just messin :) JR

·
Registered
347 Posts
There are a LOT of folks runnin around town here with THRUSH welded mufflers. They're like $40 bucks mag order and man, it's SO hard to tell which have flows and which are Thrushes. There's a chevelle in town with flows, and a 81? Camaro with thrush, and the camaro has a smaller cam and exhaust pipe, but it sounds much better than the chevelle does. I'm thinking going with them.

Youtube up the thrush mufflers. I like em for the price. Not sure of durability but it's my understanding that flows don't last a long time anyhow.

try here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNZ08Sivc4g&feature=related

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Im a big flow master fan.... and they do have a wonderful chamber sound. Persoanlly i dont think the couple bucks you will save are worth it to look into a cheap nock off because you can tell a flow master just by hearing it. and they do flow real well.

Now with that said ive had to replace every set i have ever had do to rusting or corrosion even on my show car. I call them to ask about problem there answer is you have to keep painting them. UMMMMM no thanks I checked out magaflows and loved them, All stainless and the quality is top notch and not much differance in price, ive run Borlas on my street car aswell stainless is really the way to go, Bolt on and dont worry about them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts