Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been coming to this site for years and have found such great information from such helpful members. I'm having trouble finding an answer to an issue I've come across. I have a 74' Nova with a front disc/rear drum set up. I'm replacing the front set up completely. I've purchased a kit from Speedway online. Master cylinder, brake booster, pads, rotors, calipers, and flex lines. The kit also included a proportioning valve. My original set up did not have this valve, however it does have a combination valve. Do I need to use both or does one or the other do the job. I'm just surprised that the original owner did not install the proportioning valve if it's required.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin! :horse: Pics? Check out this thread, post in it and join our 3rd gen social group.
https://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=630617
I don't have the answer to your question, but my "71 came with power disc brakes on the front, and drums on the rear, so maybe yours did too. I'm guessing that's all you need, but hopefully the brake experts will chime in. You might want to post your brake question in Steering, Suspension, and Chassis to get a little more attention to that specific question.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts