Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a long hiatus away, I'm back again... and back in another 63. This time a 1963 Acadian Beaumont convertible. After selling my 63 2door post and 63 wagon I had wandered into the world of Austin minis. While fun, they left me wanting more so I found a 64 Chevelle wagon. Unfortunately that was short lived as someone offered me more than I paid for it, so I jumped off. Yesterday, my father and I did a 1400km round trip to snag the Beaumont. The wife wont let me do another car for a long time, so I'm going to make this work and enjoy it.

It needs a few things before I can get it registered, but I am already plotting my course. Leaping before I look, here I go again :)

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin! USA. Good luck with your new one.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
WELCOME Back …. good move …. :yes:

glad too see ya come back with your very cool Beaumont convert.

very nice car ----

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
welcome back, an with a great looking ride. its a Beaumont an you live in a town named Beaumont. so you would almost have to have an Acadian Beaumont to drive.

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,494 Posts
Welcome back to the site! That is a very nice looking convertible :thumbsup:
Please keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Welcome back.. The car looks pretty straight.. Are the hood darts an Acadian trim piece or are they someone’s ad on from a 57 Chevy..?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome back.. The car looks pretty straight.. Are the hood darts an Acadian trim piece or are they someone’s ad on from a 57 Chevy..?
I have no idea, I personally think they came from something else but haven't figured out yet. 57 Caddy is similar but not the same

·
Registered
226 Posts
Check out the optional back-up lights on the trunk lid, a rare 1-year only arrangement on the Acadian. After '62 the back-up lights became hexagonal shaped and went onto the bumper. It wasn't until 1966 models that they were made standard.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts