Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,I'm back after some health issues and life just getting in the way.I still have my 65 on the rotisserie and will get back on it in the future.

I found this project car that was closer to completion and decided to save myself some time so I picked it up.It is a 64 that somebody was building as a drag car.My plans are to make it a street car that I can take to the track when I get the urge.

It has a ford 9in and ladder bar suspension,32x17x15 slicks,Hiedt front clip.everything on the front end was junk.headlight buckets,grill,lower valance panel,right fender.So,I have been collecting parts for a couple weeks now.

So far I have a bbc and super t10 mocked up in it and made a shifter hump for my Hurst ram rod shifter,installed my hyd clutch slave cylinder.

·
Premium Member
3,853 Posts
As for your new purchase being a street car, you might be able to get a tooth brush in the trunk. LOL

Looks like you made a very good purchase. Keep the pictures coming as you complete the project.

·
Premium Member
3,763 Posts
This looks like a great starting point for you! Driving a tunnel-ram like that on the street will be a real learning experience... I'd think about some smaller, vacuum-secondary carbs.

Trunk space? You've got gobs of trunk space! Along side my Nova, I've owned several British and Italian sports cars. Let's just say that you learn to pack light.:rolleyes::D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Driving a tunnel-ram like that on the street will be a real learning experience... I'd think about some smaller, vacuum-secondary carbs.
LOL,not my first rodeo but thanks.a couple of my cars...

This one went 6.70's @204+

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
welcome back and hope you ll stay in positive health from now on.

nice score on the new project and look(s) like, as mentioned, most of the hard part has been done to the vehicle.

looking forward to the update(s) on this project along with the other one in the background :eek:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got my TCI headers today,Tight fit,actually had to space the drivers side motor mount 1/4in to clear the shock tower.The passenger side is hitting my bellhousing and scatter shield a slight bit.Nice quality made header.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
welcome back and hope you ll stay in positive health from now on.

nice score on the new project and look(s) like, as mentioned, most of the hard part has been done to the vehicle.

looking forward to the update(s) on this project along with the other one in the background :eek:
Thanks man.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've been hard at it,sanding...sanding....sanding.Got it in primer today,time for more....

sanding...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Been crazy hot down here so I haven't got a lot done but I did get a chance to color sand and buff.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts