Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car has been a daily driver for the past 2 months, fresh out the shop with new iginition components (New MSD 6AL box, new ignition wires, new cap and rotor for HEI distributor). One cylinder does have a compression problem, and fouls plugs pretty quickly. Also, there are two fuel filters on the fuel line, one directly out of the tank, another before the carb, because the tank is old and rusty.

Was driving yesterday and the car began to really hesitate and misfire, then it just completely stalled out. I was able to get it started again, then limp it home. I thought it may just be a fuel line problem, a fouled plug, or both. Replaced the tank side fuel filter, plus two new plugs (1 and 3), although the ones I pulled weren't completely fouled.

Tried to start the car again, and now it simply won't fire. The starter is turning over and I've got a good charge on the battery. The carb is getting fuel. I've checked for spark, and it seems to be okay, although I haven't ruled it out yet. The car was beginning to hesitate a bit around 1,500 RPM, for a few weeks, but nothing as drastic as not starting. Figured it just needed a new plug or two.

Any suggestions? Thought it might be timing, and have yet to fiddle with the distributor, but it's been bolted tight the past 2 months, and I haven't had these issues.

Thanks in advance.

Nova Sedan - '72 307 - Powerglide

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Problem Fixed

Figured it out... the positive wire from the box had somehow melted some plastic around its contact at the distributor. Fixed the connection and it fired right up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts