Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 72 Ventura II Sprint didn't come with Keys and the Ignition Lock slid in and out of the Ignition easily, so I went to Advance Auto to get a new set. When I installed it, it clicked in and turned to the starter engage position with ease, but when I tried turning it to get the key out it clicks when I get close to the Run position and will not turn to the Lock position. So my keys are locked in it and now I cannot pull the Lock out either, so do I have to tear down the Steering Column and use the screwdriver to get the Ignition Lock out or is there a problem with my Column? Also it is a Tilt Steering Column. Thanks for the Help fellas.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
yep, had this happen on mine when I got it from my dad. Make sure you have a lock plate tool and a good pair of snap ring pliers.

·
Vendor
1,232 Posts
I think your ignition switch may be out of adjustment. It slides up and down the column. The switch may be in the lock position before the ign cylinder gets to the lock position. Loosen the 2 screws holding it and move it up or down to check it.
Tim

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright I tore down my Steering Column to get to the Ignition Lock and I pulled it out and checked the Piece that the Ignition Lock slides over and that piece only turns from 2 O'clock to maybe 5 O'clock. How do I adjust that and how far should it turn? Thanks for the Help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do you adjust the Shaft on the inside of the Column?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there a Rebuild Kit for a Floor Shift Tilt Steering Column?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts