Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
I'm not sure what kind of amps the fan setup uses, but I'd probably go with a relay instead so you can take power directly from the battery (or terminal lug). Did you plan on just having a toggle switch for operation or are you using a temperature switch for it?

Taking power for your gauge pod and tach would probably be alright from the IGN slot on the fuse panel.

What other wire are you referring to that has to be tied into an ignition source?

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
I have tapped into my IGN slot in the fuse panel for various gauge lights without any problems. You mentioned that they are all fused which is good.

What about the fan relays? To which terminal on the relay is the IGN source going to feed? If it is for the 86 terminal then there will be a minimal amount of current required and you should be alright, however if the IGN source is feeding the 30 terminal on the relay then I wouldn't do it.

I'm not sure if I explained it in a way that makes sense or not....... :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.