Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well to start off this is where i get stuck, i have 4 wires that must be tied into an ignition hot terminal

1) two wires from my aftermarket BECOOL DUAL FANS
2) one wire from my tachometer
3) and one wire from my gauge pod

hope thats enough info, my question is can i tie all four wires into that one ignition terminal on the fuse panel or will i blow the fuses,

and where else can i tie a wire that needs to be hooked to an ignition (key in the on position) source, thanks all info is appreciated i really need some help with this step

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
I'm not sure what kind of amps the fan setup uses, but I'd probably go with a relay instead so you can take power directly from the battery (or terminal lug). Did you plan on just having a toggle switch for operation or are you using a temperature switch for it?

Taking power for your gauge pod and tach would probably be alright from the IGN slot on the fuse panel.

What other wire are you referring to that has to be tied into an ignition source?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
those are going to be all the wires going to my ign source, the two wires from the fans are my fan relays, then just one from my tach, and one from my gauge pod, i have inline fuses on it all just so i dont blow my fuse panel, what do you mean by running the two fan wires to the battery, these wires are for when the key is on, the fans get a signal that it has power, thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
I have tapped into my IGN slot in the fuse panel for various gauge lights without any problems. You mentioned that they are all fused which is good.

What about the fan relays? To which terminal on the relay is the IGN source going to feed? If it is for the 86 terminal then there will be a minimal amount of current required and you should be alright, however if the IGN source is feeding the 30 terminal on the relay then I wouldn't do it.

I'm not sure if I explained it in a way that makes sense or not....... :(

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it does somewhat, ive realized ive got the ign. terminal and the acc. terminal to work with, im going to put my gauge pod and tach on my ign terminal, and both my fan relays on my acc. terminal, we'll see what happens, i think ill get somewhere from here, thanks you for your help so far

1 - 5 of 5 Posts