Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20,121 Posts
"The rust is not extensive at all, very repairable" Lol

Yes a new quarter and outer wheel well at the least.

·
Premium Member
1968 Chevy II Nova, Central Arkansas
2,069 Posts
I wonder if the rear spoiler was an aftermarket piece available at one time for 3rd gens?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Old girl is a little rough. Hate to see it in person after all that dust and dirt is cleaned up. Could be hiding a lot.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
The good news is, the 69's can be varified as to whether they're a true SS, if the right parts are still with the car. If it's an original console car, that also makes it rare for the 69 model year, but it look fairly rough. This would be need to be seen in person prior to purchasing IMO.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
The good news is, the 69's can be varified as to whether they're a true SS, if the right parts are still with the car. If it's an original console car, that also makes it rare for the 69 model year, but it look fairly rough. This would be need to be seen in person prior to purchasing IMO.
But the car doesn't have the #'s matching engine, so does it really matter?

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
But the car doesn't have the #'s matching engine, so does it really matter?
I guess it depends on each individual, I own a one of each and although my none numbers car doesn't have the value of the numbers car, it's worth more than the equivalent none SS. 2 identical Novas for sale with no engines, one being an SS and the other not, the SS will sell first 99% of the time.

Nova 12 bolt rear ends fetch $2000 and up, although not specific to the SS cars, that's where they're commonly found, so that helps the value too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts