Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went out last night to my usual stomping grounds, on the way tranny starts zing, zing, zinging, wont grab. :eek: Head back home call tranny builder. Run through several tests to assess issue, 2-4 band gone. Tranny guys says WOW :eek: The Band used in your Transmission is the Best Band available for your HP/TQ application. However, we all know that parts manufactured all have their flaws. That is why they are Warranteed. Your build with bands,Torque Delivery Kit, Harden Low/Rev. Sprag Race, Torrington Bearing, Harden Input Drum all capable of handling up to 700 ft lbs of torque. We have a defective part here.

Upside - no cost to resolve. Stand up guy top shelf builder.
Down side - not sure if can bw fixed before cruise. Builder needs access to a hoist to re & re tranny, as all hoists booked next week. Regardless will be at cruise in some capacity.

I am not alone, rumour is another high performer Nova broke this week too :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Dood you have got to be kidding me....:eek:bummer.... I will call you back, lifes brutally busy here...still adjusting to 3 arangatangs

Todd

·
Premium Member
6,852 Posts
WOW. I believe it tho. Been abusing my 700r4 for 4 years now without a hiccup.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I had the same deal in my IROC, my guy was great to and repaired it free. Sorry to read about yours though!:(

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
crappy deal shaun:(
i've been particularly nice to my 'vert as i've dreaded being the organizer of a carshow and then missing it because i did something dumb:D no offense intended there buddy..i know that this is "one of those things",but it still sucks.you're welcome to ride in a 1st gen convertible if things don't go your way,so let me know.
leftcoast carl.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
dude do u need a tack or is it just ==== luck the sucks ,but if u like the purple car is free for the day not a racer but just driver let me know ttys

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank guys for offers for rides and cars.

This is just one of those weak link or defective part issues.Novasrus. Yes I have a tach and a shift light for rpm management :)

Good news is car goes to the shop Monday, and builder can have it all week to resolve.

Cheers
Shaun

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Thank guys for offers for rides and cars.

This is just one of those weak link or defective part issues.Novasrus. Yes I have a tach and a shift light for rpm management :)

Good news is car goes to the shop Monday, and builder can have it all week to resolve.

Cheers
Shaun
that is good news!!
it wouldn't be the same without the aluminum rodent:D:devil::D!!
leftcoast carl.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Rumor has it...a Kramer engineered 406 is unstoppable. Theres a few more ft-lbs of torque than meets the eye there:yes: However I believe your trans guy has now been officially "Challenged" Heh Heh....:devil::cool:

Todd

1 - 10 of 10 Posts