Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have had a few guys tell me to remove my swaybar for better traction and almost a better tenth in the 1/8 . is this true? and has anyone done it ? its a 1977 nova drag only thank you all

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hey Dragula,
if you need weight transfer to the rear, then yes i would remove or disconnect it. Are you having problems with traction, don't know how fast you're car is, or how much power it's putting out. it will help if you have a good rear setup, and if the motor is strong enough to pull the weight.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you so much for the answer i have not really launched it yet . i have a 355 with a 3800 tci stall and a built th-350 .. 8.5 posi not sure what the gears are yet and comp engin drag shocks . i just want to get the max wight transfer that i can ... the combo in a 1973 nova with a sketchy tranny ran 8.2 in the 8th i was also thinking of front drag shocks

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
its easy

Its easy to do, worth a try.
In my case it made a noticable diff in 60' times. Nothing huge but consistantly measurable.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sorry to invade your thread. How will this affect the streetability of a car? Not a DD, but need to drive 100 miles round trip to the drags.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
if you've ever driven a car with no front sway bar and then put one on there is a big difference in handling. what you could is just remove the end links when you get to the track. Then when you drive home put them back on.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
when I had my car on the street it wasnt realy bad. You get used to it . Your not going to take entrance and exit ramps at highway speed . Around town you'll be just fine. But no hugging corners.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
all out now it was easy .. i also had spacers in my spring because it had a bbc in it before i got it the front end is great cant wait to try it ,, should have her all going in june thank you to all thats why i love this place :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts