Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get some steel rims ( three 14 inchers, two 15 inchers) sandblasted and possibly powder coated.

Can anyone recommend local company (the closer to 92313 the better)?

I've tried calling two places that were recommended to me. They both don't answer the phone, nor do they have answering machines. :confused:

Anyone have an idea regarding what I should expect to spend?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,684 Posts
Lyndon,
I had "CONCEPT" Powder Coating do my front clip, spindles, brackets and several other things and was extreamly satisfied with the quality of their works, price and turnaround time. I realize it's here in RC but if you need a company as another option here ya go:

Concept Powder Coating
8747 Flower Rd.
Rancho Cucamonga 91730
909-945-2991
Hope this helps
-Al

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
I just sent you an email, but I use PolyRock in Chino. They do my abrasive finishing, including all of the vintage magnesium and aluminum wheels I used to restore for customer projects. They will work with you on which media to use. I'll be bringing them my '63 truck frame after I finish my chassis modifications.

PolyRock
4763 Murrieta St.
Chino, CA 91710

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
...if it helps for budgetary considerations, PolyRock charged me $25 per wheel to low-pressure glass bead blast the magnesium wheels I used to restore. It would be about the same for the steel wheels. I typically paint steel wheels.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
you could always do poormans powder coat have the wheels blasted grab your rattle cans spray the wheel with a couple coats let them dry then using steel wool or 1500 grit wet/dry sandpaper scuff the wheel and whala poormans powdercoat: i beleive they did the roll cage in the whilshire shaker this way maybe get a hold of teddisnokes and ask how they did it

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
...if it helps for budgetary considerations, PolyRock charged me $25 per wheel to low-pressure glass bead blast the magnesium wheels I used to restore. It would be about the same for the steel wheels. I typically paint steel wheels.
I'm thinking paint will be the best option for me. I'm limiting my nova spending money to what I've earned on T-Shirts and web design( ~ not much). We're trying to pay off the wedding and save for a down payment on a house...

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
I'm thinking paint will be the best option for me. I'm limiting my nova spending money to what I've earned on T-Shirts and web design. We're trying to pay off the wedding and save for a down payment on a house...
very smart home are going for butt cheap right now :yes:

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Lyndon

Are the wheels steel? If so I have a sand blaster. I could do them for you, you just buy a bag of sand. You can paint them here also right after so they won't rust.

Ok they are steel. I just reread your first post

·
Registered
17 Posts
Cool. Any suggestions on what type of sand and where to get it?
I hear there's some sand in someplace around here... I think they call it the desert... I got the bucket and shovel if you want to go :thumbsup: :D

I see adds from harbor freight with soda and other media for blasting. Maybe there?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts