Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to the site so I hope I can get some help! Its driving me nutttsss I have a 383 roller motor with a large cam a Holley 650hp carb initial timing is 15dgrs and total 38dgrs at 2800rpm turbo 350 with 3000 stahl the motor fires rite up will idle cold or hot the prob is when I put it in gear it stumbles till it stahls! Please help Thnx

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sounds like your stahl converter ins't big enough. I was having the same issues with my car when i switched cams and didn't change my converter. You need to go bigger, call the company that makes your cam and tell them your set up and ask them what stahl converter you should use. I'm using a 2600 stahl and it's barley enough i should be using a 3200 at least. I had to turn my idle up a little more and fine tune my timing and it's not as bad but still not right.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
id try more timing...all engines are different.....id go up in timing til it starts pinging...then back it off a couple of degrees...worth a try

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!!! I was in the garage today messn with it and changed wieghts and med. springs in dist. and added some initial timming! took it for a ride and much better I can stop in gear with out stahling or throwing it in neutral I think tweeking the timming a bit more and I will have it!! Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts