Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This came off a 1963 Chevy II. Has anyone seen this type of bushing? Are they still available - where can I get them? I have not seen them on the Nova parts websites.
[/IMG]

·
Registered
861 Posts
I would suggest you upgrade that old technology to an idler arm bearing kit. But if you really want one of those old style rubber bushing PST www.p-s-t.com, chevy2only has them . I do believe NAPA has them in Moog, made in the USA. I have got suspension items for my 67 as well as my 57 chevy from NAPA...good luck...Phil

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
Phil said:
I would suggest you upgrade that old technology to an idler arm bearing kit. But if you really want one of those old style rubber bushing PST www.p-s-t.com, chevy2only has them . I do believe NAPA has them in Moog, made in the USA. I have got suspension items for my 67 as well as my 57 chevy from NAPA...good luck...Phil
I don't think that bushing pictured above is the old style bushing. The old style bushing looks a whole lot like an upper control arm bushing and is pressed into the idler arm.

The one pictured looks just one step shy of the full bearing conversion that's available today.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Well what I was meaning was that the rubber bushings are old style. I sold 2 sets on ebay a couple of months ago. I could have posted them here on the site. At the time I just auctioned off a bunch of odds and n,s and really forgot about the for sale site here. I still have some other items I guess I could post in the for sale here later.
BTW the rubber bushing really dont compare to the bearing kit. But if you're building a numbers car you should stick to the original looking bushings...Phil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts