Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
torque specs on bearing kit

Hi the torque specs are 12 ft lbs This is from the chevy 2 kit ...i'm sure it's the same kit let me know if you feel a difference i'm thinking of doing it also. Oh yeah when you tighten the bolts be sure the grease fitting is positioned correctly and when you torque the bolts do it when the wheel/pitman arm is straight sometimes you'll get a pull or hard time with the wheel returning Good luck Neil63ss

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
idler

12 ft pounds must be for the bolts that bolt to the frame i'm thinkin..i was looking for the torque of the big bolt that holds everything together

·
Registered
214 Posts
I can tell you with the bushings the torque on the big bolt is 29-43 ft lbs I don't think you should go that tight on those little bearings. Check with ccp 1st they are good with questions I did see the installation instructions from gm classics/chevy 2 only they are who make the kit and it said nothing about the bearings being that tight 12 lbs sounds right to me it's tighter than you think plus you have the castle nut and cotter pin given the set up i personally think they would crush and break or the very least wear them out quickly they to be free and smooth those type of bearings at a higher torque would be scored in no time let me know what you find Neil Oh yeah if you pm me your e mail i can send the e mail from gm classics/chev2 with instructions hope this heps

·
Registered
214 Posts
ASSEMBLY--- Assemble the components in the order shown per
drawing. Tighten the castle nut on the idler arm bracket to 12 ft/lbs
torque. Install and spread the cotter pin and repeat the same process
on the drag link end.
i was able to copy and paste this quick if you want the whole e mail tell me i'll forwarded it they have explode views and cut away views also good detail

1 - 5 of 5 Posts