Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the bearing conversion kit from chevy2only just a little over a year ago when i rebuilt my front end. This last week i took apart the the front end and installed the mini sub frame kit i took a look at my tie rods and stuff while under there and found the Idle Arm had play in it took it apart and found one of the bearings was all ready worn out i installed these just as the directions said torqued everything just as described . Talked with chevy2only today to see if i could buy just the bearings at first the guy that answered the phone said he had heard of this happening before and that they put the kits together in house so he would talk to Joe and see . When he came back on the phone he had a different story and said all he could do was sell me a whole kit. Anyone know where i can buy just the bearings for the kit don`t want to put out another 100 bucks out for another whole kit.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea replacement parts would be nice , like i said when i spoke to the sales guy first he said they had parts there but when he spoke to Joe totally different story . Hope someone else chimes in with some info on parts ......

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
You could always send it to Global West. They install their Del a Lum there.
And I'm sure they back it up.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok here we go found a number

MBM 7037 now lets go fishing anyone finds it post back please.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
this may very well be a specifically made product for them and it won't be available from any manufacturer... only from them (C2O)

it might very well be a captured item...

can you post a 3/4 view looking top to side of the bearing for us?

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
googling "mbm 7037 bearing"

results... you determine pertinence...

http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26896
http://www.classicchevy.com/chevy-idler-arm-bearing-conversion-kit-1955-1957.html?dept_id=1833

looks like it might be the same stuff and if these guys are right check online for a bearing supply house and send 'em an email with image & part number...

hope i helped...
Saw these forum replys...easiest way is to take the existing bearing down to a bearing supply house...one forum said $10 to $15

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
back in the old days where i lived i'd have taken it down Hawthorne blvd to Earl's Supply (before they were famous for fittings) they had all kinds of weird stuff.

i'd definitely check bearing supply houses... hopefully it's not a captured but maybe an industrial or maybe even aircraft application.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the help guys still looking gonna try to see if i can maybe call around tomorrow with measurements and see what i can find .. but by all means keep looking :)

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Another question lets say i can`t find this bearing , i have 2 good ones would it be ok to use the 2 good ones on the idler arm part and use a regular bushing in the drag link it just turns in the metal bushing anyways right. ??

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I just install the kit from C2O also. Have not driven the car yet cause she put up for winter. This would be a real kick in the pants if these kits are only lasting a year. I would also think C2O should be standing behind what they sell if they want to stick around. We need to stay on top of this. I do not want to keep spending 80.00 bucks a year on a replacement just for the use of the bearing.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
in all the years i've been here, i'd like to think i've read a few threads... i've never heard of one of the bearing conversion kits failing... i think the Global West conversion is by far the best for a stocker Idler but the C2O kit is also a very good part and a definite improvement over stock style bushings... a lot of variables, many things would need to be looked at to determine why it failed. improper bearing installation could cause premature failure, if it was cocked on installation and bearings damaged. just thinking/talking. i don't know why Rich's failed... might be (hopefully) just a fluke... ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts