Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to adjust the idle. I don't really know how to attach the tach/dwell meter I have. It has a black and a green wire. On my mustang u just attach it to the ignition coil but this car doesn't seem to have one. It's a 78 305 with a 2bbl. The idle is high in park and lowers way too much in gear. What do you suggest??

·
Super Moderator
12,022 Posts
In the cap there is a terminal marked tach, it is next to the large power wire on the drivers side of the cap. Do not short that terminal to ground with the key on, if this happens it can kill the module.

·
Super Moderator
12,022 Posts
need to make a jumper wire with a female 1/4" spade to attach to the terminal in the cap. Use that wire as you would hooking up to a regular coil. Not sure what type of meter you are using. RPM is all you can adjust, the dwell is done in the module.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
need to make a jumper wire with a female 1/4" spade to attach to the terminal in the cap. Use that wire as you would hooking up to a regular coil. Not sure what type of meter you are using. RPM is all you can adjust, the dwell is done in the module.
There is an adapter that turns the green wire into a female. Where exactly do I put it in?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts