Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im workin on a buddy's car, he just got it & it has a tilt column from IDIDIT, i think. anyways, what are u guys using for a steering box.....??? the box in his car right now gives me a lil over 3/4 turn right & left, so 10 point turn for a u-turn...... this obviously is the wrong box, which ones are u guys using & parts u needed to make it work. also pics would be very helpful.....

its a stock front clip car....

LIL JOHN

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
What kind of car and what year is it?
Sounds like the steering box is messed up if you only get 3/4 turn in either direction from it. replace it with a stock box?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of car and what year is it?
Sounds like the steering box is messed up if you only get 3/4 turn in either direction from it. replace it with a stock box?
sorry, 63 more door. it looks like the wrong box. it seems smaller than what i've seen on my 62 & 66. should i do the stock one for a 63 or get like a 67, which i guess is easier to install cause u dont have to hack it to remove it from the column.....??? thanks for the reply

LIL JOHN

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In that case, try to find a 67 steering box. Also I'm sure there is a kit to couple it to the Ididit column.
exactly what i wanted to hear..... thanks man... where'd u get urs, whats the cheapest place...???

LIL NOVE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts